The Kangaroo II Sewing Cabinet’s ingenious use of space is exactly what you need! With a removable cover on the dual hydraulic lift, easily transform your Kangaroo into a flat, flush work surface.
Additionally, a cleverly hidden quilt leaf, as well as a removable supplementary cover for the large left drawer, allows you to maximize every inch of the Kangaroo’s surface.
Whether you prefer free arm or flat bed positioning, the Kangaroo Cabinet’s ergonomic design will keep you comfortable while you continue to do what you love.
Learn more about the Kangaroo Cabinet below!
Quilt leaf stored on the back of the cabinet, which expands your workspace and prevents large quilts or large pieces of fabric from pulling and ending up on the floor
Dual-hydraulic lift-A removable cover is used to protect the sewing machine when in the storage position
Removable front panel to use knee lifter, which provides support from both sides of the lift
- Moves your machine into three positions: free arm, flat bed, and storage
- Large left drawer with removable cover, which does not feature doors or leaves. The sewing machine is exposed in all three positions.
Remove cover for compact storage
Heavy-duty locking casters provide excellent portability and stability
Optional Custom Machine Insert for a flush surface (sold separately)
Kangaroo Sewing Furniture Lifetime Limited Warranty.
Available Finishes: Teak or Ash White
- 55 ⅝” W x 40 ½” D x 29 ½ H
- 55 ⅝” W x 21” D x 29 ½” H
55 ⅝” W x 20 ⅛” D x ¾” H
24” W x 15” D x 3 ¼” H
False Top for Drawer
27” W x 13 ⅝” D x ¾” H
Supports sewing machines up to 55 pounds.
SEWING MACHINE DIMENSIONS THAT WILL FIT THE KANGAROO II SEWING CABINET
Please measure your machine and include knobs, plugs, etc. that extend beyond the body of the machine.
- Width: 23 ¾” ” (left to right)
- Depth: 12 ½” (front to back)
- Height: 14 ½”
SEWING MACHINES THAT DO NOT FIT KANGAROO II
We are aware of the following sewing machines that are too large to fit into the Kangaroo II sewing cabinet (K8805 Teak and K8811 Ash White):
- BabyLock – Destiny
Brother – Dream VX8500D
Janome – Horizon Memory Craft 15,000
- Please note: The Janome Horizon Memory Craft 15,000 fits the platform of the cabinet in flat bed position (a custom insert is available) but you will have to move the sewing machine from right to left to lower into the storage position because of the extension of the front support leg of the machine. Also, the knee lifter lever cannot be used with a sewing cabinet due to the length of the lever and how the machine sits on the platform in flat bed position.
Elna – eXpressive 920The newer Bernina 8 Series models 820 and 830 are approximately 1/4″ too tall to allow the cabinet to close up fully when the machine is in the down position.
- Please note: The machine fits the platform of the cabinet in flat bed position (a custom insert is available) but you will have to move the sewing machine from right to left to lower into the storage position because of the extension of the front support leg of the machine. Also the knee lifter lever cannot be used with a sewing cabinet due to the length of the lever and how the machine sits on the platform in flat bed position.
Please be advised that this list may change as new models are introduced. It is extremely important to measure your machine prior to ordering to make sure it will fit.
Assembly instructions are included with the cabinet. You may also download the Kangaroo II manual and save it to your computer.
For assembly, you’ll need:
- Phillips screwdriver with #2 head or power screwdriver
- Hammer or mallet
- Adjustable wrench
Arrow & Kangaroo Sewing Furniture has been making quality sewing furniture since 1943. We are sewing obsessed, customer driven and dedicated to providing a superior sewing experience through world class ergonomic sewing furniture.
From sewing cabinets, to cutting tables, to our #1 rated sewing chair, we design each piece of furniture for our sewer’s comfort and convenience. We remain committed to craftmanship and innovation, with one thing in mind: helping sewers and quilters Sew In Comfort, so they can Sew Longer!
Arrow & Kangaroo Sewing Furniture is located in Elkhorn, WI.