Air Lift Mechanism:The Arrow Norma Jean table has an easy-to-use airlift mechanism that raises and lowers your sewing machine with just a simple push. You can position the base of your machine flush with the table top in freearm position, or you can push it down slightly into flatbed position so that that the sewing bed is flush with the surface. The mechanism easily adjusts to accommodate any sewing machine base height, so you can be sure your fabric will be perfectly level. (For further customization, you can also opt to purchase an insert designed to fit snugly around your machine creating a continuous level surface so your fabric flows as smoothly as possible.) The airlift mechanism also moves your sewing machine into storage position. With one push downwards, you can store your sewing machine completely out of sight! (See the "videos" tab for a demonstration.)
Large Surface Area With Compartments: When the leaves are in the open position, the table top features a vast expanse of surface area to either side of your chair. (The leaves rest on sturdy supports, so you don’t need to fear that they’ll bow and crack the second you put anything heavier than a spool of thread on top!) The opened leaves reveal not only functional surface area, but also recessed compartments for keeping tools and materials handy.
Storage: When the main door is opened, it not only creates space for your chair, but allows you to enjoy easy access to four accessory trays attached to the inside of the door. The trays are perfect for holding thread and other small notions. Four large drawers provide even more storage! Having a place for all your materials makes getting organized a snap, and your sewing experience becomes much more pleasurable.
Flexibility: When you’re done using your machine, simply push down to lower it all the way into the cabinet . Then, fold up the leaves, close the door, and voilá! You’ve got a small, tidy cabinet that conceals your machine and supplies. It can also easily roll out of the way until you need it next.
Accessories: You can opt to add a leaf extension on the back of the cabinet to create addition work space especially useful for quilt making. (See our "Accessories" category).
Styling and Finishes: The Norma Jean features beautiful, classic styling with furniture edges and elegant knobs and drop-handle pulls. It comes in classic oak with polished brass hardware, crisp white with brushed nickel hardware, or an elegant cherry finish with polished brass hardware.
The Norma Jean is our most popular table, and for good reason! It's practical, beautiful, and strong:
- Versatile, easy-to-use airlift mechanism that raises and lowers your sewing machine with just a simple push (see video under the "videos" tab above)
- Vast surface area
- Tons of storage
- Option to add a custom insert that fits snugly around your machine in flatbed position, creating a continuous, level sewing surface
- Fold-down leaves rest on sturdy supports
- Cabinet moves easily on rolling casters
- Beautiful, classic styling with furniture edges and elegant hardware.
- Choice of three finishes: crisp white, classic oak, or elegant cherry
- The optional quilt leaf adds an additional 5 square feet of space behind your Arrow cabinet measuring 38-3/4″ wide x 20-7/16″ deep (front to back) x 30-3/16″ tall. It attaches to the cabinet with 4 screws and stands on two metal support legs that fold and tuck under the leaf when not in use. For custom positioning, the leaf slides along the metal rod. Check out the video below to see the quilt leaf in action!
If you have the know-how to thread a sewing machine, putting the Norma Jean together should be a snap! All you have to do is follow a series of steps. The Norma Jean arrives in three separate boxes. After you open those and lay your pieces out, you’ll just need a hammer, screwdriver, and a wrench. Most people find it takes them about two hours to assemble. Clear your calendar, put on your favorite tunes and forge ahead! Directions are included, (you can also watch a video under the "videos" tab about putting the drawers together) but if you need help, call us toll free for assistance! We’ll get you up and sewing in no time!
- Dimensions Open: 81-1/2" wide x 20" deep x 30-1/2" high
- Dimensions Closed: 41-1/4" wide x 20" deep x 31-1/4" high
The opening and platform of the cabinet will accommodate sewing machines that are no larger than:
- 23-1/2" wide (left to right)
- 12-1/4" deep (front to back)
- 13-7/8” tall